Thursday, July 7, 2011

What the Health?! Part 1

An interview with myself - based on many previous questions I’ve been asked.
Q: What does a ‘health advocate’ or a life coach really do anyway?
A: Quite simply, as a life coach and health advocate, I help people live better lives. I believe that everyone should be happy and healthy and it is my mission and passion to help them discover happiness or improve their current state of health. I believe that the greatest source of happiness should be from a healthy mind and body. A health advocate promotes healthy lifestyles and educates people on what a healthy lifestyle REALLY is. A life coach empowers and motivates people to take control of their health, vitality, energy, concentration, focus, stress level, time, priorities and other areas in their life through the daily choices and decisions they make. If you don’t think health is a source of happiness, try losing it! A life coach helps people understand where they are now, but focuses them on the future and the achievement of their goals. Grassroots reform is my method of helping people "GRO".
Q: A lot of the information you give is not new and is not rocket science – in fact, I remember my grandmother telling me the same things when I was a kid. Also, there is a great deal of information out on the internet for free. So why should someone hire you to tell them what they can get for free?
A: All good points. Here are a few more to add to your list: We all know that eating broccoli and drinking water is good for us, but most of us don't. The sunshine and fresh air are free, yet many of us never get outside to enjoy it. Most of us have a perfectly good pair of legs that work well, yet we never walk or exercise and use them to their full capability. I bought and paid for a one year gym membership as a gift for a friend of mine who was constantly complaining about being out of shape – only to learn that she did not grace the doorstep of the gym even once – because she felt “too out of shape to go to the gym.” I learned that what is “free” often lacks value. I also learned that most people need a higher level of accountability than what they (or even their loved ones) can summon for themselves. In working with people of all shapes, sizes, ages and types – I’ve learned to meet people on their current level and then develop a plan for them that works within their own parameters while continually expanding their limits and belief systems by implementing positive, measurable change and constant improvement. I’ve also tried to meet people on their current financial levels too by offering some simple, free advice on my blog to get them started. My book Health and Happiness: an owner's manual for the mind and body is packed full of great advice and ranges in price from $11.95 to $20 depending on the version, format and binding they choose. I try to make my events, seminars and workshops affordable and beneficial for everyone too. For those who need extra attention or one-on-one interaction, I have developed coaching programs that can be delivered face to face, by phone or by email. The goal is to have something for everyone in my program. What some may consider common-sense, obvious advice, others may find to be profound, life-changing enlightenment. Some of my information may be universal and some of it may be very specific for the particular person I'm working with. The impact of my delivery and the follow-up and accountability is what really makes my coaching effective and information most valuable.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment