Friday, September 24, 2010

My Motive

My number one motive is to motivate. I want to motivate you to make positive changes in your life and the lives of others. I truly want to see people healthy and happy – especially those close to me - because seeing other people smiling makes me smile too. I want people to live longer, happier lives free from disease, stress and other ailments. I get my happiness from seeing other people happy and I believe there is no greater gift than to make someone smile. So take any knowledge you gain from reading my writing and use it to better your life and then pass it along to someone else who needs it. Share a smile with a stranger – you may make their day and you may make a new friend along the way.

I am fed up with our society’s outlook on health and disease prevention. I am angry that someone like my co-worker Kathleen can fight a cancer battle, lose her breasts, irradiate and chemically poison her body with chemotherapy and get a clean bill of health from her doctors - only to have the cancer return 5 years later in a different form and kill her at age 36. She did nothing wrong - she didn’t deserve it. She was positive and happy. She loved life. She didn’t smoke or drink. What caused her problem - twice? Her doctors never offered any explanations as to what may have caused her cancer(s). Her doctors never dug deep and questioned her personal life including every product she used and food she ate. This was also the case for my other family members who had cancer - their doctors offered up no explanation, solution or possible preventative measures for the future. The only lifestyle question asked by doctors was whether they smoked or not.

I think there are a lot of other factors besides smoking that are contributing to the cancer epidemic in our society today.

It also stands to reason to me that if you get cancer once, survive, but make no changes in your life - there is a good chance that whatever caused your cancer will remain present and return to haunt you again later.

It is my hope that my influence through this book may help prevent someone from having a health crisis. If this book saves only one person’s life - then it is a success. If I can make everyone who reads it a little healthier and happier then that is the icing on the cake of life!

If you want or need to change your life – then do it! Appreciate life and live it to the fullest. You only live once – make the most of it. You only get one body – so take care of it.

Here is my recipe to get you started on the road to Health and Happiness: Health and Happiness: an owner's manual for the mind and body

No comments:

Post a Comment